วันศุกร์ที่ 17 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How to chose a good business lawyer?

I'm looking to start a business, but am not sure what to look for in a good business lawyer. I'm going to need help drafting letters in the hopes of gaining corporate assistance in starting the business.

But I've never needed a lawyer before and want to make sure I get a good one that hopefully won't eat up the small budget that I have.

Any lawyers out there with any advice on the subject? I just want to make sure that my business idea stays mine and don't want some shady lawyer that's going to run off with my plan the minute they hear about it.

Thank you!


Find a lawyer by referral that other small or medium sized businesses you know use -- businesses that actually have been around and have used the person for a couple years.

Avoid a lawyer that offers to take equity in your company in lieu of a fee or a lawyer who does not appear to have any knowledge in small business formation or who promises to "hook you up" with investors he or she knows for a fee.

What you want is a small business lawyer that will offer you a fair fee and is doing well enough that they have no interest in making a fast buck off of ripping you off but is not so busy that they will ignore you.

Be forewarned that you will likely need to put forward a retainer. Hopefully you can talk to whoever is your referall and figure out what they did as a retainer.

Search using www.yahoo.com/search

I went through the Better Business Bureau who then referred me to the Bar Association which referred to some good business lawyers in my state.

regarding forms, you can check allbusiness.com - they are priced, but you can get a partial preview or preview of the table of contents. you can get some ideas while reading it

1.) Call the state bar attorney referral line.

2.) Ask your friend.

3.) Do not trust advertizement.

My partner and I do not advertize, all of our clients are by word of mouth. We turn away most people that want to hire us (more than 80%).

Lawyers, like other professionals, provide services. Shop around and compare prices and services offered. Personal references are always best. Findlaw.com is a good resource to find business forms and attorneys in your area. You can access it from this URL:

http://www.findlaw.com/

Good luck.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 

©2009 lawyers | by TNB | Distributed by The World's Hardest Game