วันจันทร์ที่ 13 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Is its legal for a lawyer to drop your case and give to another lawyers firm without you knowing?

I have had the same lawyer for an accident case that was the other persons fault now for 4 years! I have went to a deposition and done everything with the same lawyer up until today! I just received a letter in the mail stating that another lawyer from a whole different firm has my case now! I have never heard of this lawyer and I'm just confused? Is this legal?! What is going on?


Yes, it is legal for an attorney to turn your case over to another attorney. Usually, the reason for it is work overload or it could be a case where a more experienced attorney is necessary.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I was injured once when a van backed over my foot at work. My company attempted to settle with me quickly because they knew it wasn't my fault. I called a nearby injury lawyer in my city who provided me useful advice and I was able to get a decent settlement to cover my hosptial bills that weren't covered by my primary insurance. I'd suggest you find a personal injury in your city. http://www.accidentlawyerlocator.com My injury lawyer was help me because they stand to make some money at the same time. Try calling a personal injury lawyer to see if they can help.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You would have to look at the specific terms in your fee agreement.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 

©2009 lawyers | by TNB | Distributed by The World's Hardest Game